Monday 13 June 2011

On the Path -- June 13th, 2011

I took my camera with me today, not really expecting to see much but I ended up taking a few shots.

All the rain has made for lush growth all along the path.


Buttercups...


Pink Clover...



I'm keeping an eye on the Poison Ivy on the path. I've never been sure what it looks like in the advanced stages so thought I'd keep a photo record of it as it matures. It's easier to spot when there are younger reddish leaves growing.




... more Poison Ivy.




It seems that it's the time of year for what I called Snake Spit as a kid. Jane called it Cuckoo Spit. A quick check on Google found these comments:
The froghoppers ... (also called leafhoppers), ... are best known for the nymph stage, which produces a cover of frothed-up plant sap resembling spit; the nymphs are therefore commonly known as spittlebugs, or spit bugs, and their froth as cuckoo spit, frog spit or snake spit.







If you brush away the "spit" you can often find the small, green bug in it.


 - fini -

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...