Monday 6 June 2011

Canada Geese at Darlington Provincial Park -- June 6th, 2011

Darlington is only about 20 minutes from home on the north shore of Lake Ontario. I went there today to pick up a season permit and while I was there I went down to the beach for a look. There's a quiet bay in the park where I saw three families of geese out for an afternoon swim.

It was an interesting sight. I couldn't get all three in one shot.




















These two families joined together for the after-swim grooming. The third was only a few yards away.

















It'll be a little while before the young ones join their parents in the sky but they're getting there. 


Lake Ontario was quiet & shrouded in mist.


Kind of an interesting wave pattern...


Lots of Dame's Rocket at the park...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...