Saturday 22 October 2016

Around Town in Autumn
October 2016

Valleyview Park in the centre of town.
















The salmon were running. Always a sight to see, though they don't look good as they near their life's end. Mostly I just saw dark shadows swimming by. Plus a few dead ones that only made it this far.


















This was before we had frost so there was still good color.

















Interesting 'holey' rock, with growth in almost every nook.















Nature's treasure chest.















Rich orange lichen.
















Someone did some gardening in this tree hollow. I wouldn't think park attendants would do this... but who knows.
















I went to Oshawa airport to check for migrating hawks. Apparently it's a good spot sometimes. Not this day. So I shot this Sabre instead. 

I always loved the look of them. As a kid I made a model of one and hung it from the ceiling in my bedroom. I thought it was 'sooo cool'.












What's a blog post of mine without fungi? Especially this time of year.
















They're Dryad's Saddle. They were along Oshawa Creek. Backgrounds can add a lot to an image.
















"It's noisy out there. I think I'll just tuck my head under the pillow."

















In a park just south of us.













There are lots of tree tunnels on the path this year. This one is just across the street from our place.















Autumn leaves in the backyard. I don't usually rake them... compost et al. And I like the look of them. Really. :-)















Clematis decorates with yellows & golds.













But it's the Virginia Creeper that steals the show. It has green, yellow, gold, orange, red & purple all at the same time. It stretches for about 50 ft along one side of our yard. It's gorgeous this time of year.
















I'd love to see some colors from your yards and area.

- fini -

1 Comments:

At 22 October 2016 at 22:47 , Blogger Jim Ellis said...

Thanks once again for your inspiring photography, Bob.
Oshawa has many lovely parks and access to Nature in all her beauty. The awareness of the need for reverence and gratitude for Mother earth is growing. She does not need us- we need her. Nature is not our 'surroundings', she is our Source! Your pictures could be used as a help to meditation!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...