Sunday 24 July 2016

Whitehorse # 4

Carcross is about an hour from Whitehorse—no one talks miles or kilometers up north... it's always times.

Remember Emerald Lake from Jane's shots in # 3? The circle of emerald slowly closed as we were mesmerized by the color.
















I love deserts. Not sure why, but I do. Carcross Desert is promoted as the smallest desert in the world. Is it? Who knows? But it's only about a square mile.











It's conveniently located right next to the highway.

















My love for deserts might be connected to being raised on the prairies, but I don't know if that makes sense or not.














Just north of the desert.















Carcross itself is very small, a village I guess. If the walls could talk...














No pedestrians on the bridge the sign says. But they're kids.























And they're having a ball as kids do.























Trying for the northern 'look' or just being northern?














Giant rhubarb. With lots of sunshine and 19 hour days, not surprising.














More of a beach in Carcross than I would expect.














The post office.


A jeep safari from the cruise ships in Skagway, Alaska. Memories of one I took in Cuba.














In Carcross. Competition for John Deere. Clever people are everywhere.

















Outside the general store... how I felt at the end of the day.














Might be the coolest plates in Canada. What do you think?
















If you're not bored yet, I'll have one more post from our trip.

- fini  -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...