Tuesday 2 August 2011

Why Photographers Love Photoshop - August 2nd, 2011

Our camera club has teams set up. We go out on shoots and then present our images to the rest of the club as photo essays later in the year.

About 10 of us from our team went to Bond Head today (Newcastle harbour) for a shoot. Often there's a fair bit of activity in the way of boats or waterfowl but today was very quiet.

I was shooting some moored boats when a Great Blue Heron suddenly flew up in front of me, to fly another 50 ft or so along the shoreline. I was shooting on Manual so my camera was set for white sailboats in the bright sun and the heron flew up in the dark shadows in front of me. I didn't have time to change any settings but I took a quick shot anyway, thinking it was a waste of time but I couldn't just watch and wish.

Much to my surprise (shock is more like it), when I saw the shot on my computer screen it wasn't as dark as I thought it would be.

So with 10 or 15 minutes work in Photoshop...

The original shot.
















And after working it in Photoshop.
















It's not as sharp as I would have liked but I'm happy with it. Yes, I do love Photoshop.

- fini -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...