Monday 25 July 2011

2nd Marsh -- July 23rd, 2011

We returned from Kingston a little early so that I could join a local club for an outing at the marsh. When I got there, I saw their cars in the parking lot but no sign of anyone. I later found out that I had the time wrong so they had already left.


So... I ventured out on my own. It was later in the day than I usually go so I was hoping to see some wildlife. I did spot a young Whitetail so I was happy.

The boardwalk through Ghost Road Bush and at the Beaver Pond is getting beaten up by Mother Nature. She wants the land back.



























The channel along the berm where the turtles hang out.


The Red-Seeded Dandelions are starting their seeding stage.



Most of them already have their puffy seed-heads.


The early stage of some Joe-Pye-Weed... another name I like.



Some Purple Loosestrife... Thanks John.























The Water Hemlock is still fairly abundant.



Another Question Mark butterfly...




Not Canada Thistle as I thought. It's just our common Wild Burdock, getting its burs ready for us to bring home when we're out & about... Thanks John.
























And the next two images are Bull Thistle... Thanks John.























And the highlight of the night... a young Whitetail Deer. Not much of a shot but I only got one quick chance.



I would have enjoyed going with the group, but even so it was a good visit to the marsh.

The Friends of Second Marsh web site... 


A direct link to a map of the paths/trails in the marsh...



A link to a page that has my past posts re the marsh, in one place rather than scattered throughout this blog...

- fini -

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...