Thursday 16 August 2012

More Trains... August 16th, 2012

A buddy in a camera club sent me a link to a train site. The site has a couple hundred images of grain elevators too-- always of interest to a prairie boy.
       http://yourrailwaypictures.com/

That got me looking into some older pictures I have of trains & elevators, and after digging through a bunch of them, I thought I'd add another post to my blog.

It's another post that's directed to train buffs. Some shots you've seen before but I made them B&W this time. Others are new.

The Soo Line is the one that was associated with Al Capone's supposed visits to Moose Jaw. It runs to Chicago.














I came across these engines (about 20 of them) on an earlier visit to Moose Jaw. They were sitting on a track near Pasqua, SK-- a few miles out of Moose Jaw.















An easy place to get a few grain elevator shots, with some rail cars, is at Tuxford, about 12 miles north of Moose Jaw.
















My niece surprised us all when she decided to explore this car.





























Dozens of rail cars on multiple tracks always catch my eye but the patterns of the tracks themselves are intriguing.













The following shot is of the Moose Jaw yard in 1912.
Credit:
http://gent-family.com/Moosejaw/moose_jaw_saskatchewan.html














I think I've exhausted my current stock of train images. But I'll take more. :-)

- fini -

1 Comments:

At 22 August 2012 at 14:05 , Blogger JOTA ENE ✔ said...

Photos really wonderful! Congratulations!
Many greetings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...