Tuesday 28 June 2011

On the Path -- June 28th, 2011

I keep thinking after each post that I probably won't post again for a few days-- but that just ain't happening. :-) So here we go again...

Jane joined me for my exercise walk again today and I snapped a few more.

We spotted these beauties 100 yards or so from where we start on the path. They're Musk Mallow, a very pretty invasive. Thanks John & Gerry.




Canada Thistle... They're tiny now-- less than an inch.

























A terrible background but a gorgeous Day Lily (Thanks Jane & John). It's the first one that opened in the small meadow at the top of the path.



I do love this stuff, probably because of the memories of the prairies that it brings to mind. Call it Foxtail (as we did in Moose Jaw and I still do) or Bearded Grass (the proper name)... whatever you want to call it, it's beautiful.

























Some tiny mushrooms in the grass in a park that's beside the path.They're about the size of your pinky fingernail.



Jane was waiting patiently under "her tree" as she calls it as I was shooting the mushrooms-- it's a perfectly shaped Sugar Maple in the park.



Until tomorrow? Who knows? Maybe.

- fini -

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...