Friday 28 November 2014

Lynde Shores CA
November 28th, 2014

It had been a while since I was at Lynde Shores. It was Black Friday so nature was a much better place to be than in a mall somewhere. Cranberry Marsh is near Lynde Shores so I dropped by there first. White-tails and wild turkey are common in the area. Today I saw a small herd of deer and a flock of turkeys near the marsh.

The deer were a few hundred yards away. I could use a more powerful lens at times like this... but I don't want one. I prefer my zoom. Their white tails stand out, even at a great distance.

 














"We're watching you, camera guy."














A nice looking buck.















When turkeys are feeding, they hardly lift their heads.













They're quite colorful.
















Come on guys—smile at the camera.
Lynde Shores always offers you something. It's a great spot for families. Kids (and adults) feed the animals & birds, so they're used to humans.

Mourning Doves were out & about today... sitting around watching the world go by as usual.

















How can anyone not think these guys are cute? Look at the way he's holding his paws... and waiting for a handout.
























I love the coloring on this one. I don't recall seeing a brown 'saddle' on one before.















A second flock of turkeys was at Lynde Shores. These two came charging at me like they were expecting something, but then just walked past me—about 3 feet away. They're very tame here.










































There were about 10 in the area, but they were dispersed in the woods so you only saw a few at a time.
 























I felt bad today. I forgot to take some seeds with me. I almost turned around and went back to the car to get some, but ended up carrying on... feeling guilty. Sorry guys. Next time.
 















Beautiful coloring.















The look, and feel, of fall.
 
















It always makes my day when I see creatures I haven't seen for a time. It's been a long while since I've seen deer or turkeys.

- fini -


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...