Tuesday 6 September 2011

Near Cranberry Marsh -- September 5th, 2011

Cranberry Marsh is another area I hadn't been to in a long while. Though I went to the marsh itself, I didn't see much today... just a swan in the distance. The only shot I got worth looking at was one of some fungus.

But I walked along the Waterfront Trail opposite the marsh for a few 100 yards and saw a huge field of Golden Rod and was lucky enough to find a dozen or so Monarch Butterflies feasting on the nectar in it.

A few of them were cooperative enough to let me finally get some decent butterfly shots... the first ones this year.




















































Lake Ontario was calm today.














My one and only shot from the marsh itself... at least the only one worth  posting.
























There should be more Monarchs in the next week or so. A few years back there were 1000s in Thickson's Woods, resting before their incredible flight to Mexico. Here's a shot from that year...
















I haven't seen anything like it since, but you never know...

- fini -


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...