Saturday 10 August 2019

RJ's 10th Birthday Party
August 10th, 2019

Jane and I went to RJ's birthday party today. He was officially 10 last week. We've been to most of his birthday parties. Maybe all. Jane would know. :-)


The main reason I'm posting this is that I'd like to hear from you... about your grandkids' birthday parties these days. How things have changed since my day... 150 years or so ago. :-)

RJ is our our only grandchild, so I do often post about him. But it's their parties these days. Wow.

No more simply at a friend's house, simple presents and cake. Now parties are at 'high-tech'  places. I'm not saying this new way is good or bad. Things change with time. Big changes sometimes. This isn't our first high-tech party with RJ and I'm sure it won't be the last. Is it happening at your end too?

This time it was at a Virtual Reality venue in our local shopping mall. Here's the overall scene. RJ in the foreground in a blue top.




































Ready to go... In case you're curious... the T-shirt is "Canada's Wonderland 1981" when it started.


















Lost in a virtual world... 

























Always lots of food to eat. Time for the cake.


















There's a place for posed shots, but in most cases they're on the boring side... my humble opinion only. 



RJ... on the right... knees up, deeply immersed in Virtual Reality. He kept screaming... who knows what he was seeing? These 'pods' are 9-dimensional. Yah, right. The manager encouraged me to try it. I thanked him of course, but...

My episode was inside the human body. Boring as hell. Crappy graphics. Sure as hell didn't look like the human body to me, or any resemblance thereto. Lol. But heh, the kids seemed to love it. That's the important thing.


















Shots like the following 2 are why I find posed shots so boring. These last two are genuine 'moments in time' of family. They were oblivious to the camera. They had no idea I was shooting them. No 'camera faces'... just capturing a moment.

RJ... and the rest of us, were enjoying a 'joke book' gift from someone.



















So please let me know. Some of you are in 'far off' countries. But I'd love to hear from you all. Is this the 'new' birthday party style? I'm guessing yes but I need you to confirm it for me. From near and far. Please do.

Bob
_____


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...