Thursday 9 January 2014

2,000 Miles
January 9th, 2014

I "had to" post something today. Today marked my completion of 2,000 miles on the path. It took over 6 years. It's a 2 mile walk--barely over a mile each way according to my GPS.

I started keeping track in June 2007. It just takes a check-mark on the calendar each time I go, and multiplying by 2, so the math is pretty simple. I finished the first 1,000 miles in September 2009 (27 months). The second 1,000 took over 4 years (52 months). Do you want to hear some excuses? No. Ok.

I took a camera today and took a few shots but none are worth posting so I dug up a short series from late last September to put something up.

John Foster led an outing to Samuel Wilmot Nature Area east of Oshawa. Down at the lakeshore, these fishermen were trying their luck.















Then someone in the group spotted these ladybugs. Apparently they gather in late fall for warmth and to find a warm place to hibernate.














You never know what you're going to see when you're out in nature. It was another first for me. John said they are Harlequin Ladybird Beetles, an invasive Asian species, that vary in color & number of spots. Aka Halloween Lady Beetles according to this reference...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmonia_axyridis



















How long will my next 1,000 miles take? I'll aim for less than 4 years. :-)

- fini -


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...