Wednesday 27 November 2013

Winter Wonderland
November 27th, 2013

We awoke this morning to snow clinging to the trees. It's our first real snowfall of the season and it turned out to be a beautiful one. When I see the trees covered in snow I'm always tempted to jump in the car and go to the lake or woods somewhere to capture some of it.

I didn't feel like doing any jumping today, but I thought I'd at least go into the backyard and across the street to the start of the path, and to the park that's on the other side of the path. So after a few sips of my first coffee of the day, I grabbed a couple cameras and went for a walk in the winter splendor.

The backyard...















The White Spruce shelters this corner of the yard.




















Sedum with its hands full of snow.


















The start of the path is just across the street, so it's a one minute walk (if that) to get to it.















The left side of the fork leads to the park.














The seed pods are on a Black Locust.














The park was quiet today... I was the only one there. 






























A small creek runs through it.





















Heading back up the fork to the path.





















Looking north from where I start my walk up the path. I should walk it today, but I'm finding it easier to talk myself out of walks these days. Not good.















When I think that all these images were shot within a 5 minute walk from home, I'm reminded of what I've read many times in magazine articles--you don't always have to "go somewhere" to find something to shoot. Often as not, there's lots near home.

P.S. I'll finish up the UK trip soon.

- fini -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...