Tuesday 27 October 2015

Autumn in the Park
October 27th, 2015

There's a park across the street from our place, just the other side of the path I walk. I don't go there often since I don't like the manicured grass of parks for photos. I prefer the 'wild' path I walk or the marsh. But there are some beautiful trees in the park.



















There's a circle of oak trees & a plaque in the park that commemorate Colonel Sam's 100th birthday. He was the founder of GM Canada. So much for the theory that the stress of corporate life shortens your time on earth.
















I could swear that the oak trees have grown 6 feet since I last had a good look at them, though it's more likely just my poor memory.















Red Oak leaves


















The last time I was in the park was last Christmas, when we had the big ice storm. The 3 stumps here are from some huge trees that came down in the storm. This part of the park was inaccessible for several weeks as the cleanup crews had to attend to higher priority areas of the city.














No one else was in the park today... just a dozen or so squirrels scurrying about getting ready for winter. 

It's quite a beautiful little park really. I should probably check it out more often.

- fini -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...